Welcome to Hyperrhiz, the peer-reviewed online journal specializing in new media criticism and net art.
Hyperrhiz is an open access publication produced twice-yearly along with our parent journal Rhizomes: Cultural Studies in Emerging Knowledge and our monograph series project Electric Press. We welcome submissions of net art, new media scholarship and criticism, and reviews of media-related books or blogs. For submission criteria, please read our latest call for papers and our guidelines for submissions.
Currently on Hyperrhiz
Hyperrhiz 12: Mapping Culture Multimodally, edited by Nancy Duxbury and Craig Saper.
Featuring essays and gallery works by:
- John Craig Freeman and Jessica Auchter
- Lisa-Katharina Förster and Folker Metzger
- Félix Burgos
- Petra Johnson
- Marta Carrasco and Sergi Selvas
- Caroline Gausden and Helen Smith
- Alys Longley, James Hutchinson, Charlotte Šunde, Sasha Matthewman, and Karen Fisher
- Michelle Ferrier
- Craig Saper and Lynn Tomlinson
- Scott Rettberg, Roderick Coover and Nick Montfort
And interviews and reviews by:
- Dean Casale
- Jessica Floyd
- Tissa J. Thomas