Hyperrhiz 02: Gallery
My films incorporate early film and painterly aesthetics, resulting in surrealistic imagery that is derived from my dreams and imagination. They exist in a theatre setting that is starkly visual, revealing a poetic and sometimes macabre world. I hand?crank my camera and hand?splice my films. Each film has my fingerprints all over it. To express my cinematic ideas further, I paint and optically print the film. Once the film?s structure is all set, I reprocess the film using a variety of digital compositing and effects software. My artistic choices are intuitive, personal and decisive.
- Little Mary screened at EXIS Experimental Film and Seoul, Korea 2006 Video Festival, Sept.1-8, 2006
- Magic Mountain screened at Festival Images Contre Nature/ Marceille Cedex, France 2006 P'Silo, in the programme Time, June 27-July 1, 2006
- Di Meliora premiered at Her Shorts, Tucson, AZ 2006
1st Annual Women's International film festival, May 18-21, 2006
- Las Hijas De Endor, Little Mary & Magic Mountain Den Haag, Netherlands 2006 Screened at Festival Begane Grond, April 14-18, 2006
- Las Hijas De Endor & Magic Mountain exhibited Boston, MA 2006 At CAA BFA Regional Exhibition at Boston University 808 Gallery
- Magic Mountain screened at Starting From Scratch
Amsterdam, Netherlands 2006 At the Cinema De Balie Amsterdam, Feb. 18 & 19
- Little Mary & El Mar exhibited at The Saratoga Saratoga Springs, NY 2006 Arts Center, from Dec. 31,2005-March 31, 2006
- Little Mary, Magic Mountain, Claudia & El Mar Somerville, MA 2005, 2006 exhibited during COMACENTRAL.COM's beta Launch (on internet), Dec. 31, 2005?March 31, 2006.
- Little Mary & Claudia exhibited at Filtro Foto, Miami, FL 2005 in their own room, for Art Basel 2005
- Claudia screened at ART+OFFICIAL EYE, Boston, MA 2005 MassArt Video/Film New Media Screening Series