The Exquisite Corpus: Issues in Electronic Literature
Citation: Memmott, Talan. “The Exquisite Corpus: Issues in Electronic Literature.” Hyperrhiz: New Media Cultures, no. 11, 2015. doi:10.20415/hyp/011.g02
Abstract: This film features interviews with 17 scholars and practitioners of electronic literature, shot during ELMCIP seminars between 2011-2013. Sections include Futures and Foci, Platforms and Politics, The Human Problem, Senses and Screens, Reading and Writing.
- does electronic literature have a future?
- is google the end of of the world?
- what is in-between text and image?
- where is the author and what is a scholar?
- can there be a national e-literature?
- what is the attraction of touch technologies?
- what is the place of digital poetics in global politics?
- is it possible to conceal intent?
Featured interviewees: Mark Amerika, Simon Biggs, Serge Bouchardon, J. R. Carpenter, John Cayley, Cris Cheek, Maria Engberg, Jerome Fletcher, Maria Mencia, Nick Montfort, Jörg Piringer, Jill Walker Rettberg, Scott Rettberg, Alexandra Saemmer, Roberto Simanowski, Christine Wilks, and Jaka Železnikar.
Directed by Talan Memmott
Production assistance by David Prater and Maria Engberg
Additional photography by Richard Ashrowan, Rocio Von Jugenfeld, and Agnese Sile
Music by Jukka-Pekka Kervinen and n+semble
Supported by ELMCIP